It’s time for NEW template options

NeckBeardPrince
NeckBeardPrince
Community Member

When was the last time a new default template got added? On top of that we should be able to export and import user created templates. Creating new templates is still in beta, how? It’s been out for as long as I can remember.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NeckBeardPrince!

We will probably not add any more built in categories to the app, because no matter how many we add, there will always be some more missing, and which some users would like to have. Instead, we are currently beta testing custom categories in our 1Password Business accounts, which are indeed still in beta. Depending on how that test goes, we might decide to extend the feature to other account types ;)

• NeckBeardPrince
    NeckBeardPrince
    Community Member

@ag_ana I use the Business version. What about the ability to export/import and share custom made ones?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@NeckBeardPrince:

We don't have anything to share about this yet, sorry!

• jsejcksn
    jsejcksn
    Community Member

Depending on how that test goes, we might decide to extend the feature to other account types

@ag_ana That's a very long test. Templates have been in beta since at least 2017. When will this feature be available to all paying customers?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsejcksn:

When will this feature be available to all paying customers?

We do not know. At this point, we don't have any plans to share about the feature or about extending it to other account types either. Generally speaking, we typically do not share long term plans because many things can change in the meantime, but I can certainly mention your wishes to the team :+1:

• jsejcksn
    jsejcksn
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Generally speaking, we typically do not share long term plans because many things can change in the meantime

Ok, how about this: How's the test going?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@jsejcksn:

It's not on our priority list at the moment. Our developers are focused on other features, so for now I don't have a lot of progress to report, sorry!

This discussion has been closed.