Trying to transfer 1Password6 to new mac

I just got a new macbook pro. I don't want to upgrade to version 7. How do I transfer my passwords over to my new laptop using usb? I found a support article to do it, but it must be for version 7 because the instructions don't match my app.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.5.5
Sync Type: local

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hi @wwwpol! Welcome to the forum!

Is your data currently also synced somewhere, or is your 1Password data only on the old laptop?

Also, are these the instructions that you are referring to?

Move your data with a USB flash drive

If they are, where exactly are you getting stuck in the process?

• wwwpol
    wwwpol
    Community Member

Yes it is only on the old laptop. I am stuck trying to get the copied to my usb drive. Also how do I get the version six app on my new laptop?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wwwpol:

Also how do I get the version six app on my new laptop?

You can get it from our downloads page, at the bottom of the page :+1:

I am stuck trying to get the copied to my usb drive.

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you also answer my previous two questions in my previous post? Here they are again for your convenience:

Also, are these the instructions that you are referring to?

Move your data with a USB flash drive

If they are, where exactly are you getting stuck in the process?

• wwwpol
    wwwpol
    Community Member

I was stuck on step 4 on the old computer. I chose folder, but it did not ask me to choose a folder. I tried it again today and it did ask me to choose a folder.

I was able to move the vault to my new computer so that part is good. I am now trying to install the browser extensions and it is asking me for Email, Security Key, and Master Password. I click on Find your Secret Key and it says that if I don't have a membership I don't have a Secret Key, but I can not get the browser extension to work. How do I get browser extensions to work with version 6?

• @wwwpol

It sounds like you've installed the 1Password X browser extension, which requires a 1Password membership. If your intention is not to upgrade to a membership with 1Password 7 then you'd need to install the 1Password extension (desktop app required) extension instead. Please note that 1Password 6 is not compatible with modern versions of Safari.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.