No sync option on my Iphone

wimbre
wimbre
Community Member

Hi,

I have noticed that my passwords on my iPhone are not synchronized with the passwords on my iMac.

I followed thes steps:

**Step 1: Update your software **

Syncing with iCloud works best if all your Apple devices are up-to-date and you’re using the latest version of 1Password. iCloud requires 1Password 5 or later, iOS 8 or later, and OS X Yosemite or later.

iMac -> RUNS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6 CHECKED
Iphone -> IOS 13.6 CHECKED

Update the iOS software on your iPhone -> DONE
Upgrade to the latest version of macOS on your Mac -> DONE

Update 1Password on your iPhone or iPad -> DONE
Update 1Password on your Mac -> DONE

Step 2: Check 1Password sync settings

Make sure that 1Password is set up to sync with iCloud on all your devices:

Sync 1Password with iCloud.
iMac -> CHECKED
iPhone -> Can't find the option

Step 3: Check iCloud settings

iCloud Drive is enabled on all devices. -> CHECKED

You are signed in to the same Apple ID on all devices. -> CHECKED

1Password has access to iCloud:

Mac: choose iCloud Drive Options. -> CHECKED
iOS: choose Apps Using iCloud. -> CHECKED
Step 4: Restart your devices _> DONE

After these steps the problem still exists.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem?

1Password Version: Version 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: Version 7.6
OS Version: OS High Sierra / IOS 13,6
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wimbre! Welcome to the forum!

Sync 1Password with iCloud.
    iMac -> CHECKED
    iPhone -> Can't find the option

If you don't see the sync option in 1Password on your iPhone, it means that you are not syncing your data with iCloud there: when the sync menu is not there, it means that you have added a 1Password account to the app, and therefore your data syncs via 1Password.com.

Is there a specific reason why you are still using iCloud on your Mac? If you have a 1Password account, you don't need iCloud anymore, and you should rather add your 1Password account to the Mac app too, like you did on your iPhone.

• wimbre
    wimbre
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Thanks for your quick response.

I had already installed the 1Password (Version 7.6).

The steps mentioned in the above mentioned link shows how to add a account to 1Password for Mac:

1. In your browser, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    3. Click “Add your account directly” and allow your browser to open 1Password. You’ll see your account details in the app.
    4. Enter your Master Password and click Sign In.

I turned off the "iCloud sync" in the preferences of the iMac 1Password app. Does this means that this will activate syncing my data via 1Password.com or do I have to change other options?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wimbre:

I turned off the "iCloud sync" in the preferences of the iMac 1Password app. Does this means that this will activate syncing my data via 1Password.com or do I have to change other options?

If you added your 1Password account to the 1Password app on the Mac and on the phone, then that account will be kept in sync automatically. For confirmation: if you open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Accounts tab, is your account listed there?

• wimbre
    wimbre
    Community Member

Yes my account is listed there.

• wimbre
    wimbre
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

It seems that both devices syncs (added 1 test vault on my iphone and was then listed on my iMac. But the existing primairy vault on my iMac is not in listed on my iPhone.

I logged in on my 1Pasword account on my iPhone to transfer my primairy vault to my iPhone.. without any result :-(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wimbre:

Yes my account is listed there.

Thank you for the confirmation.

It seems that both devices syncs (added 1 test vault on my iphone and was then listed on my iMac. But the existing primairy vault on my iMac is not in listed on my iPhone.

Now that you have added your 1Password account to both devices, you should remove your old Primary vault, so things can stay in sync. Adding the Primary vault to your phone would only make things worse.

Make sure you have already moved all of the items you need from the Primary vault, and then you can remove it from your Mac ;)

• wimbre
    wimbre
    Community Member

I followed your instructions and.... my problem is solved.

Thank you very much for your help and patience

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @wimbre! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.