Bank of America website blocks use of password generator when attempting to update password.

After creating a record in 1Password for my account on Bank of America website, and ensuring that it works, I tried to change my password utilizing the 1Password password generator. The BofA website appears to block use of 1Password -- 1) to fill in the existing password for the account, and 2) to use 1Password to generate the new password. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 1.20.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Bank of America website blocks use of 1Password password generator.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @annesuz! Welcome to the forum!

The BofA website appears to block use of 1Password -- 1) to fill in the existing password for the account, and 2) to use 1Password to generate the new password.

Do you mean that the 1Password dropdown menu does not appear at all below the login form, or that it does appear, but when you click on it, it does not fill your credentials on the page? If you could elaborate what you are seeing exactly, that would be great. Thank you!

• annesuz
    annesuz
    Community Member

When I click on Change Passcode, a small window appears. When I click on the Current Passcode, the 1Password dropdown appears. When I click on the 1Password saved login, it does not fill in the saved credential in the Current Passcode window. If I fill it in manually and then click on New Passcode, the 1Password dropdown does NOT appear.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@annesuz:

Thank you for the confirmation. We are aware of an issue with the bankofamerica website, our developers are looking into it to see if there is anything we can do here :+1:

This discussion has been closed.