Nextdoor email change flow

Options
mbesemann
mbesemann
Community Member
edited July 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Noticed some funky behaviour when changing my Nextdoor email address (https://ca.nextdoor.com/settings/account/ )

After typing in the new address and hitting save, the site prompted me for my password in a modal dialog. I tried to use autofill but that also changed the underlying email address back to the old one in the background. Instead, I had to paste my password in order to preserve the email field.

This is very much an edge case, but just wanted to make sure you're aware in case it's a quick fix.

Cheers!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mbesemann ,
    Thanks for taking the time to write to us about this.

Looks like that popup dialog doesn't disable/remove the fields behind it, so 1Password can still detect them and autofills them for you.
    We made sure 1Password is as robust as possible in order to overcome problematic websites, and this is one of the side effects ;)

Definitely not a quick fix here and indeed a niche edge case. Instead of copy-pasting, you can simply drag any field from 1Password with your mouse into the field on the website. Using the drag and drop method, you can fill any particular field without triggering any other fields. This works anywhere - even with fields that cannot be autofilled, and even in apps outside your browser :)

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron that's good to know, I didn't know about the ability to drag and drop!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.