Autofill Issue in Edge Chromium Browser

Options

As you can see Edge's autofill popup covers the Extension's autofill prompt. I don't face this issue in Google Chrome though. And it happens on all login pages.

I have checked all autofill settings and flags I could find in the Edge and disabled/turned them off and yet browser's prompt still shows and covers 1password's prompt. I guess one way would be to delete all saved passwords from Edge which is my last option and something I want to avoid.

Please look into it.

Edge v84.0.522.40

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10 2004 (Build 19041.388)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nspeaks - try Settings > Profile > (your profile) > Passwords and toggle off both "Offer to Save Passwords" and "Sign in Automatically." It's what we suggest for all browser password managers once you have 1Password installed, because if you don't turn them off, you get conflicts like the one you've been seeing. Hope that helps.

• nspeaks
    nspeaks
    Community Member
    Options

As I have mentioned earlier, those settings are off. And yet it happens.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nspeaks ,

If turning these features off did not help, then indeed the next suggestion would be to clear the browser's autofilling cache, which would indeed delete your saved passwords in the browser:

1. Paste the following into the browser's address bar and hit Enter: edge://settings/clearBrowserData
    2. In the popup that shows up, select only "Passwords" and "Autofill form data" (uncheck all the rest).
    3. Click on "Clear Now".

You can experiment and try checking only "Autofill form data" and see if that helps, but I believe both are needed to be cleared in order to get rid of the browser's autofill popup.
    This is an issue we know from Chrome, first time seeing this in Edge but as Edge is based on Chrome, I guess it makes sense. You can try export your passwords from Edge first if you don't want to lose them.

This discussion has been closed.