[Suggestion] Add TOTP category

As title says, could you add TOTP category which automatically lists all logins with TOTP added?

Right now I use manually created tag for this, but this is a faulty solution (as I can forget to add it). It would be nice to have this done automatically.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I don't see us doing this, @revanmj as what you're asking for really is more of a tag than a category. All of your items with TOTPs are still Logins like those without. They just so happen to have a TOTP field and filtering your item list, including the categories, to items that fit a certain criteria is precisely what tags are for.

Now, with that said, I would be happy to suggest we add a tag automatically. We generally don't like doing this because we feel tags have different purposes for different folks and we don't want to be dictating how you organize your items, but it's one idea of something that could make this easier on you. Another thing we've already done might help as well. When adding a TOTP, we'll autofill the label for you to be "one-time password". Search searches all fields by default so searching for "one-time password" (quotes included) should filter your list to only those items with that field label. This hasn't been the case in all versions of 1Password so it might miss some older items if you had your own labeling scheme different from this, but it does a decent job for newer stuff and can be helpful. :chuffed:

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member

Automatic/pre-defined tag is fine, as well as some kind of filter in search. Category was just first thing that came to my mind :)

Searching for label is not a good option, since AFAIK you can't save search queries for them to be easily accessible on all devices, so it would require entering label manually each time.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

I also try to remember to tag all my logins which have 2FA enabled. Would nice if I could search for these without having to remember to tag them.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestions @revanmj and @reck! I will forward your feedback to our team. This is an interesting idea to consider, but I can make no promises. :)

Let us know if you have other questions, we are here to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.