Is there a 1Password X Beta for Microsoft Edge on Mac?

I am on a Mac. I have the 1Password mac app (beta). I have installed the 1Password X for Edge add-on. I'd like to connect the desktop app with the browser extension. I understand that you need beta versions of both...however, I cannot find a beta version of 1Password X for Edge??

Also, when I look at the preferences in 1Password X (in Edge) I see an option to "Import my passwords to 1Password X". I don't understand what that is for? 1Password X seems to work in Edge without having "imported"?

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-0
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password x edge beta

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dhockstad ,

If you want 1Password X beta, you'll have to install it in Edge from the Chrome extensions store.
    Since the new Edge is based on Chrome's code, you can install any extension from Chrome's extensions store :)

As for the "Import my passwords to 1Password X" - that's in case you have passwords stored in Edge itself, 1Password X will show you how to import them. Most people have passwords stored in their browser's built-in password manager before starting to use 1Password, so that's an important feature.

• dhockstad
    dhockstad
    Community Member

Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.