Convincing Employer to Adopt a Password Manager

michael2
michael2
Community Member

Dear 1Password,

I am trying to convince my employer to adopt a password manager instead of reusing easy-to-guess passwords on multiple websites. One of the questions I anticipate getting is: isn't it dangerous storing all of one's passwords in one place? For this reason, I was wondering if someone at 1Password might be willing to provide me with an answer that would satisfy my employer. In addition, if you have any other tips for selling my employer on the idea of adopting a password manager, I would be open to hearing them. I already ran a Watchtower report on some of our passwords and have identified security problems they might want to address.

Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2020

Hi @michael2

Thanks for taking the time to write in and for your interest in getting your employer on board with 1Password. The first recommendation that I'd make is that you reach out to our business team and get them involved in the process early. They can be contacted at business@1password.com. They have lots of materials and expertise that may be helpful here. :)

As to your question: yes, having "all your eggs in one basket" can certainly be a scary proposition. But the bigger problems people run into are using weak passwords and/or reusing passwords. 1Password helps resolve that because it remembers all of your passwords for you, so there is no longer a reason to use weak or duplicate passwords. Every password can be 50 characters long and unique. :+1: You do need to pick a long unique password for your 1Password Master Password, but since you only have to remember that one it offers a significantly reduced cognitive load.

Our business team may have other comments on the subject, but that's what I'd start with. :) I hope that helps!

Ben

• michael2
    michael2
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben!

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.