Items not syncing

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Data sync no longer working - have annual membership.

Comments

• rrnyc
    rrnyc
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I created a log-in item in 1Password X for Chrome. That item doesn't appear in 1Password extension for Safari, the app for Mac, but it appears if I sign in to my 1Password account in a browser. Can this be fixed? Not being able to use and sync items between browsers defeats the whole purpose. I have a 1Password membership.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rrnyc

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd be happy to help you get to the bottom of it. In 1Password for Mac please look in the vault switcher at the top left corner of the app window. Do you see a vault called 'Primary' there?

Please let me know.

Ben

• rrnyc
    rrnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

No, I don't see a "Primary". I see a "Personal" with a check mark next to it, and is listed under the name for my 1Password account.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, that's a good start. Thanks. :) If you lock and then unlock 1Password for Mac does the item you created in 1Password X appear?

Ben

• rrnyc
    rrnyc
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that and now I can see the new item everywhere. Just so I understand: is locking required in order to properly sync new items? Is syncing usually instant on all browsers/extensions/apps?

• Ben
    Options

No, it should not be required. Syncing should essentially be instantaneous. If you find that you have to lock & unlock in order to get items to sync, this typically points to an issue with the 'notifier' process being unable to communicate with 1Password.com. The notifier runs on your Mac and constantly listens to 1Password.com for changes. This is how we're able to react and sync nearly instantaneously. But if that notifier isn't getting the notification of changes... That would be a problem.

The first thing I'd recommend that may resolve the issue is restarting the Mac, and then re-testing (i.e. using 1Password X again to create a new item, and then checking for that item in 1Password for Mac). If it works, then this may just be a fluke. If it does not work, then something on your system is preventing that communication between 1Password.com and the notifier. In that case we can offer some suggestions as to what might be causing that.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.