Yubikey issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: error when setting up with Titan NFC key.

Comments

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem as originally described with a YubiKey 5 NFC on my iPhone XS!

• Hey @adamjb

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble. Could you please let me know what version of 1Password you have installed on the iPhone? You can check in 1Password > Settings, toward the bottom of the screen.

Thanks.

Ben

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

1Password 7.6.1 on iOS 13.6, tested on both an iPhone XS and an iPhone 11 Pro, using two different 1Password accounts. Couldn't get either a YubiKey 5 NFC or a YubiKey 5Ci (lightning) to work (although the lightning 5Ci gave a different error). Tested both keys through Safari on both iPhones using the demo.yubico.com website, and both keys work fine, just not in 1Password.

And when will 1Password for Windows/Mac support YubiKeys?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@adamjb:

Couldn't get either a YubiKey 5 NFC or a YubiKey 5Ci (lightning) to work (although the lightning 5Ci gave a different error)

Can you let us know what the two errors you received were?

• BSchiborr
    BSchiborr
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I'm on iOS 13.6. 1Password is on version 7.6.1. I'm trying to authenticate using a Yubikey 5 NFC. When opening 1Password I'm first authenticated via Face-ID. Then I am being asked to authenticate for 2FA via NFC Security Key, Lightning Security Key or Authentication Code. If I select NFC Security Key the "Ready to Scan" screen appears. I hold the Yubikey and authenticate. The message box signals "Success". But then I'm getting a "Sign in Error" in 1Password with the following error message: "We're having trouble logging into your account. Please make sure your Secret Key and password are filled in correctly". I type in my master password and touch "sign in". The popup asking for 2FA appears again, I choose NFC, a box "Invalid login information" appears. Rinse and repeat.

I have also seen a message "Tag Connection Lost" appearing. The same process works if I do not use the app, but instead go to my.1password.com via Safari.

• Thanks @BSchiborr. This is a known issue with the current version of the 1Password for iOS app. Our development team is working on the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4875

• BSchiborr
    BSchiborr
    Community Member

• You're very welcome. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Ben

• BSchiborr
    BSchiborr
    Community Member

Hi,
    I saw there was an update to the 1Password app today. I can confirm that the issue has been resolved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @BSchiborr! I am glad to hear that :)

This discussion has been closed.