How do I migrate from an individual account to a family account?

jafu53
jafu53
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Families

I tried following the instructions on the site but I'm having some difficulties doing so because the "Let's transfer items" popup never appears, it just logins and nothing else.

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 4.7.5
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (18363.959)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jafu53!

Just so we have all the information: is there any reason why you created a separate Families account for this, instead of converting your individual account into a Families account directly?

• jafu53
    jafu53
    Community Member

I didn't create a separate account, my brother purchased a family subscription and he invited me to it, so I had to create a new account under his account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jafu53:

Understood, thank you for the confirmation. In this case you should add both accounts (your Individual and your Families account) to the same 1Password app, and then move the items from the old account to the new one.

• g_singh_k
    g_singh_k
    Community Member

HI there, I have a similar issue. I have an individual account but want to upgrade to 1password families.

Here https://support.1password.com/change-account-type/ it states to sign into your account and click on 'invite people' in the sidebar. I doesn't appear once I've logged in. I am using a MacBook Air?

Appreciate any advance, thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@g_singh_k:

Are you subscribed directly through us or via an Apple subscription? From the support page you linked to:

If you started your subscription with an in-app purchase, you won’t see the option to invite people. For help upgrading your account, contact 1Password Support.

• g_singh_k
    g_singh_k
    Community Member

Thanks for replying,

How do I find out?

Thanks again

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@g_singh_k:

When you pay your 1Password subscription, do you get an invoice from us or from Apple?

• g_singh_k
    g_singh_k
    Community Member

Ok, yes just checked I get billed by Apple

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@g_singh_k:

Thank you for the confirmation! We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• g_singh_k
    g_singh_k
    Community Member

Thank you,

Can I just confirm your email add please: support+forum@agilebits.com ?

• That is the correct address, yes: support+forum@agilebits.com

Ben

This discussion has been closed.