1P X Chrome Extension Won't Launch

Hiya! I've been using the chrome extension for 1Password X for a couple weeks now, but for the last two days, since turning my computer on yesterday, the extension will not launch.

The button in the browser bar seems to be responsive; when I hover over it, it darkens and I can right click it for more options related to the browser. However, when I click the button or try to use the hot key combination to unlock it, the pop up window doesn't launch for me to enter my master password. Form fields no longer have the icon suggesting that 1PX can interact with them. The extension no longer suggests saving a new password. It doesn't seem to be launching or running at all.

I tried turning the extension off and on again. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I closed chrome and relaunched chrome. I made sure chrome was up to date. Every combination of "turn it off and on again" I could think of, but the behavior has remained the same. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10 v2004
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ktiggs! Welcome to the forum!

In this Chrome browser, do you perhaps have other extensions installed? I wonder if something else is interfering with 1Password X in this browser profile.

• ktiggs
    ktiggs
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana! I do have other extensions; all of them were in place before 1PX stopped working and none of them updated as far as I am aware, but here's a list:

Adobe Acrobat
    RingCentral for Google
    GoFullPage - Full Page Screen Capture
    Ecosia

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ktiggs:

To make sure there is really no interference coming from any of them, can you try 1Password X in a new browser profile, and see if it works properly there when it's the only extension installed? This would allow us to rule out a possible cause ;)

• ktiggs
    ktiggs
    Community Member

Ah! It actually seems to have resolved itself? I did just complete an update of my device so perhaps that had something to do with it? Thanks for your help though.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @ktiggs! I am glad to hear that things are working again now. Updating everything often helps :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.