1Password vaults not syncing after rebuilding my Mac

potatoheadbobby
potatoheadbobby
Community Member

Hi, I have an annual subscription and use 1Password mainly across two devices, my iPad and may desktop Mac. Recently my Mac crashed and required me to reformat the hard drive and restore from a backup. When I did this, the 1Password app couldn’t be properly restored, so I downloaded and installed a new version, authenticated with my secret key and master password. The app recognized me, but it only seems to have brought over 19 out of my 78 logins. How can I get it to sync properly? When I look at my vaults on my iPad or on the web site on my Mac, I see all 78 logins, but the app on my Mac still only sees 19.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @potatoheadbobby

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble getting set up on the Mac. On the iPad where you're seeing 78 logins, could you please check in the vault switcher (at the top left of 1Password) to see if you have a vault named 'Primary'?

• If you do not have a Primary vault on the iPad, then I'd recommend resetting 1Password for Mac and re-signing in to your account. You can do this from the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data menu. This will not affect your data on other devices.
    • If you do have a Primary vault on the iPad please select, in 1Password, Settings > Advanced > Migrate Data to Your Account.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• potatoheadbobby
    potatoheadbobby
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I didn’t have a “Primary” vault, so followed the instructions in point 1 and that worked! Thank you!

• I'm glad to hear that sorted it. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.