I want to transfer whole logins to html bookmark file

i've 1password to mac & windows
i've almost 500 logins
i want to make a bookmark html file with all the logins and then import it to my browser

do you have any idea how can i do that?

i've tried to export bookmark html file from my browser and then edit it with notepad/excel but it's seems very difficult

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Eden Bensal

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We don't have a way to export directly to a boookmarks HTML file, but we can export to CSV. You could then tweak said CSV file to match the format required for import into your browser. Please be very careful with such an export, as it will contain unencrypted passwords, so it should not be saved in any sort of cloud storage.

Ben

• Eden Bensal
    Eden Bensal
    Community Member

thanks for your reply
    i got trouble when trying to tweak the csv file to match the html. maybe someone here knows how exactly do to that.
    it will be nice if you can leave this thread unlocked.

• @Eden Bensal

I'm not personally familiar with the required formatting for such a file so I'm afraid I'm of little help there, but I'm happy to leave the thread open in hopes someone from the community may have more information.

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Eden Bensal ,

I will start by re-interating Ben's point about items in bookmarks.html not being secure, and should not be stored in a cloud.

That stated, which browser are you using, and can you share a sample bookmarks.html (obfuscate any personal data, of course), or just a few entries?

What data are you expecting in the bookmarks.html file - obviously URL and Title, but what else?

• Eden Bensal
    Eden Bensal
    Community Member

i didnt upload the file to the cloud. i deleted it immediately.
    im using chrome browser.
    i uploaded the html file (with ".jpg" extension to be able to upload it here - just change the end to ".html")
    the only data i want in the bookmarks file is the links from 1password app.
    i have more than 500 logins so it will take me hours to add each one of them to chrome bookmarks manually.

• Eden Bensal
    Eden Bensal
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

you can close the thread
    i succeed doin what i want
    thank

• Hey @Eden Bensal

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution that is working for you. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.