For the first time in "forever" I was asked for a 6 digit PIN (an authenticator app) (PIXEL 3)

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Android

I have as the default, a fingerprint sign in for my phone. But today I was "forced" to enter a one time token. Why?
I did as instructed and did receive the confirming email ie

Hi, ____. Your 1Password account was just used to sign in from 1Password for Android. Pixel 3

(and then showing the country and IP address)

EDIT: I see now that 1P for Android was updated in the past 18 hours for me ie now at 7.6.1
is that why the required sign in?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jmjm. To better protect your privacy, as of our recent 7.6.1 update your 1Password account now authorizes your device using an app-specific identifier, so you'll receive a new 1Password sign-in email after updating to this version.

It sounds like you have 2FA enabled for your account, in which case it does need to be entered, after this "new" sign in.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

All good @peri. Yes I did successfully sign in after the update.

(Why didn't it prompt me for a hardware key?)

• @jmjm Do you have a hardware key set up as your second factor?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Good morning @peri.

As a test, signing into 1password.com while in incognito mode, I am required to use a hardware key (while on my laptop). I am not sure what this necessarily implies re needing to use a hardware key for the above described authorization on my phone.

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member

I had the same thing this morning on my Moto G6 and actually wondered if it was right, so I'm relieved to hear this was legitimate.

• @jmjm If you send us an email from the address you're signed up for your account with, we'll be happy to look into it.

@ashleyk Glad you found the answer here!

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Email sent @perl.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

Have you received a ticket number already?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

@ag_ana I do have a followup # and @peri has offered further assistance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great, thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.