Beta 7.7-1 doesn't copy OTP when filling

spearlmutter
spearlmutter
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

With previous versions, filling a login with an OTP also copied the current OTP to the clipboard. With beta 7.7, this no longer happens, and for sites that require it to be entered appended to the password (etrade.com, for example), I have to then open 1password mini and mouse over to copy the OTP.

I see that 7.7 does fill the OTP if it's a separate field, but I use several sites that require the OTP to be entered as a portion of the password, so the previous behavior (copy to clipboard) is also desired.

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-1
Extension Version: 7.7.BETA-1
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.5
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spearlmutter!

I have tested the latest beta here, and 1Password copied the OTP to the clipboard for me without issues (I tried this on two websites for good measure). Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do OTPs get copied to the clipboard again now?

• spearlmutter
    spearlmutter
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

@ag_ana I tried quitting 1password completely and starting again, but I see the same results in Safari. The OTP is not copied to the clipboard when I click on the pop-down to fill a login. Same thing after quitting 1Password & Safari and starting fresh.

Are there any settings (Safari, system, or 1Password) that might affect this behavior? I do have "Automatically copy one-time passwords" checked in the 1Password browser prefs.

I was going to try with the Firefox beta extension, but it still reports as version 4.7.6.1 and has the old behavior (right-click in the field to get 1password). That one does copy the OTP. Is there a 7.7 beta extension for Firefox?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spearlmutter:

Are there any settings (Safari, system, or 1Password) that might affect this behavior? I do have "Automatically copy one-time passwords" checked in the 1Password browser prefs.

That's the only one I am aware of, other than the one under 1Password Preferences > Notifications tab, which should only apply to the notification itself however.

What version of Safari are you currently using?

I was going to try with the Firefox beta extension, but it still reports as version 4.7.6.1 and has the old behavior (right-click in the field to get 1password). That one does copy the OTP. Is there a 7.7 beta extension for Firefox?

Not yet, the new inline filling is in beta just for Safari at the moment, it's that new :)

• spearlmutter
    spearlmutter
    Community Member

Safari is Version 13.1.1 (15609.2.9.1.2).

If there's anything else that I can do to help with reproducing this at your end, I'm happy to.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spearlmutter:

Thank you for the confirmation. That is the same version I am also running, so that excludes it. I am not sure why this difference in behavior, but I can continue testing a little bit on some other websites, and see if I can reproduce this.

This discussion has been closed.