Multiple fields - won't save login

When I upgraded to 1Password 7, one site with multiple fields stopped working. I've searched the forum & support docs and tried everything I could, but no luck. This is a website I sign in for a client and it doesn't use a username/pw. Instead, it requires:

• Last 4 digits of SS#
  • Date of birth, and the items are each in a separate box. To type in manually, you have to tab to the next: 01 01 1900
  • 4 digit pin number

The site is circa 1998...it's a state website, and all of their sites are a nightmare. Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 Firefox
OS Version: Mojave, latest
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JLaw!

Can you please share the URL of this website so we can test it here too?

• JLaw
    JLaw
    Community Member

Hi Ana, thanks for such a quick reply!

https://ebt-link.illinois.gov/ilebtclient/login.recip

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JLaw:

Thank you for the URL! I managed to get 1Password to fill all first three fields :+1: To do so, I saved a login manually in the browser. Can you please try that method and see if that works for you too?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• JLaw
    JLaw
    Community Member

I tried this (had tried before when I came upon the support docs), and it's still not working. On the 1Password page it says:
    password (has the year of birth)
    website (url)
    SAVED ON (website)
    dobday (day of birth)
    pin (correct)

I'm going to test two things, and I'll report back: 1, try a private browsing session...sometimes Firefox gets wanky and 2, try another browser. At least we can determine if it's Firefox causing the issue.

• JLaw
    JLaw
    Community Member

All right, same issue using a private browsing session, and also tried on Safari and Vivaldi (Chrome substitute). The results are the same as before...showing the pin number in the password box, etc.

And when I have 1P fill in the blanks, the SS box is blank, and fills in month and day, leaves year blank, and fills in pin number. (But I don't know what numbers are correct because it shows up as dots for security.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JLaw:

For confirmation, when you followed those steps, did you create a new login, or did you update your existing one?

• JLaw
    JLaw
    Community Member

I created new ones. I also tried doing that from browsers and the standalone software.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JLaw:

Thank you for the confirmation. This is what happens when I test that website in Firefox, after saving the login manually in the browser:

As you can see, 1Password is able to fill all three fields for me. Is 1Password at least filling the fields for you?

I have re-read the conversation and I am not sure it's clear for me where the issue exactly lies. For example, you wrote:

The results are the same as before...showing the pin number in the password box, etc.

What password box are you referring to on that specific page, for example?

• JLaw
    JLaw
    Community Member

I'll attach screenshots..easier than trying to explain. First is what 1P enters, second is what fields I see in the 1P entry. (I've grayed out the actual values) On some of my attempts the password field contained the pin number, in other attempts it had the year of birth.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JLaw:

I am not sure why saving a login manually in the browser saved all three fields for me, but only two for you. I can keep testing for a while and see if I can reproduce what you are seeing, but since things worked for me at the first try, I don't want to keep your hopes too high.

• JLaw
    JLaw
    Community Member

I really appreciate your help, but since you can't reproduce the problem, there's no reason to keep at it, IMO. I'm going to give a couple of other things a try..fresh reboot, and try my IPad.

You can see that the site makes it awkward to type in all that info. And none of the data is in my head...I have to keep it all in a locked file on my hard drive. Top that off with the fact I have a few clients I have to do this for, and you can see the issue. The bizarre thing is that I was using 1P version 6 something, an office membership, and since working from home, I decided to just get my own account and upgrade to 7. It worked fine on my office computer and my home computer until I upgraded.

If I have any luck, I'll report back in case this can help others. I often find solutions that way. Thanks again for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JLaw:

If it can help, this is how the details inside my test login item look like, if you want to compare them to what you have:

All of these are saves as "password" fields.

• JLaw
    JLaw
    Community Member

Thank you! This might help...previously I tried creating my own fields. It didn't work, but I could try again using yours as a template.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @JLaw, let us know how it goes :+1:

This discussion has been closed.