Multiple passwords on iOS for the same site

rhussey993
rhussey993
Community Member

I have changed the password on my bank account twice. I did that today for a silly reason but it seem valid to me. Seems to work fine on my Windows machine, the password is updated as expected. But in iOS there are two passwords for the same site. The first one I did (and didn't want) and then the second that I did want. The first one is rejected by the bank and the second one is accepted. So it seems all is good but why are there two entries and not just the one. And I scanned briefly through the iOS list and one account has seven password entries. Why does this happen?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rhussey993!

Do you see the double entry directly inside the main 1Password app, or inside the autofill extension?

• rhussey993
    rhussey993
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay in response, I was having surgery! Anyway, I am seeing multiple entries on 1Password.com and the Chrome extension

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rhussey993:

No worries at all! I hope the surgery went well :+1:

If you see two items already on 1Password.com, it means that you somehow created two. In this case, I recommend keeping just the one with the correct password, and moving the other one in the trash.

If you notice this happening again, please let us know the steps you followed to create the duplicates and we will be happy to test the procedure here too.

• rhussey993
    rhussey993
    Community Member

ok i'll do that

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1: If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime @rhussey993.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.