Chrome Version 84.0.4147.89, Extension 1.20.0. 1Password7.6. Window cannot be moved around.

Chrome Version 84.0.4147.89, Extension 1.20.0. 1Password7.6. Window on clicking toolbar extension cannot be moved around.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Window that appears from Chrome toolbar extension can not be moved around.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikesoneill99!

Since you mentioned both, can you confirm if you cannot move the 1Password X window, or 1Password mini?

• mikesoneill99
    mikesoneill99
    Community Member

It is a small window that appears when I click the toolbar extension

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mikesoneill99:

If by "toolbar" you mean the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen, then we are talking about 1Password mini. Thank you for the confirmation.

I have tried moving the mini window around and it worked for me:

Can you maybe share a video of what happens when you try to move the window around?

• mikesoneill99
    mikesoneill99
    Community Member

See screenshot. The one I am talking about is not the 1Password icon in the upper left but rather the one in the lower right

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@mikesoneill99:

So you were referring to 1Password X instead, the browser extension, got it. You are correct, that window cannot be moved around like 1Password mini in the menu bar.

• mikesoneill99
    mikesoneill99
    Community Member

why not?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mikesoneill99:

Because that is a browser extension that runs inside Chrome. I don't think I have seen a browser extension that can be moved around, since that is controlled by the browser (although I don't typically use browser extensions, so I cannot say that I have used tons of them, it's pretty much just 1Password :) ).

• mikesoneill99
    mikesoneill99
    Community Member

How does the icon on the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen get there? I guess I put the other one, the browser extension on myself.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mikesoneill99:

1Password mini is part of the main 1Password app, it's there by default when you install 1Password :) You don't have to install anything manually for it to appear there.

If you don't like to have the icon there, you can remove it in 1Password Preferences > General tab, and untick Show 1Password in the menu bar.

• mikesoneill99
    mikesoneill99
    Community Member

I wasn't complaining about it. Just trying to understand. Is my 1Password 7 or X?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mikesoneill99:

It's the 1Password 7 desktop app, with the 1Password X browser extension.

• mikesoneill99
    mikesoneill99
    Community Member

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mikesoneill99! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.