Fill forms in Firefox?

__v
__v
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Android

I'm looking at using 1Password on my phone. I can't figure out how to use it to log in or fill forms on websites in Firefox. I have 1Password selected for autofill and accessibility.

Focusing a form field brings up an "Autofill with 1Password" that guides me to unlock 1Password and select or create a Login. Then nothing happens, I'm back at the form and it is not filled. The "Autofill with 1Password" prompt never shows up again until I refresh the page.

Is form fill just not supported on Firefox? Do you have a timeline for when it might be supported?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @__v. Are you having trouble with one website in particular, or are you experiencing this behavior filling into every site?

• __v
    __v
    Community Member

I remember at least trying twitter, paypal login, dreamwidth, it failed 100% of the time in the browser, but it worked for native android apps. I don't remember that it worked on any site.

... but after rebooting my phone it seems to work on those sites now. welp, maybe I was supposed to reboot right away after installing the app?

What still doesn't work are the PayPal Guest Checkout/Stripe credit card form, where I don't get an 1Password popup and I don't see a way to manually trigger form fill (long-press on the form fields doesn't do it).

Do those forms not work because PayPal is specifically trying to be difficult?

Is there a button to get 1Password to fill in a form that it doesn't immediately recognize?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@__v:

... but after rebooting my phone it seems to work on those sites now. welp, maybe I was supposed to reboot right away after installing the app?

Rebooting should not be necessary, but when something misbehaves, it often helps :)

What still doesn't work are the PayPal Guest Checkout/Stripe credit card form, where I don't get an 1Password popup and I don't see a way to manually trigger form fill (long-press on the form fields doesn't do it).

If I remember correctly, 1Password for Android can fill Login information on websites, but not credit card items in the same way. For those items which cannot be filled, perhaps drag and drop would help.

• __v
    __v
    Community Member

Hm, I see. I'll have to get used to the split screen thing. Thanks for the help, particularly on the weekend!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome __v! We are always happy to help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.