Unlock 1Password gets in the way

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I don't use 1P for all websites. I use Keychain for some. In Safari when I go to a login page I get the Unlock 1Password screen right across the login area. When I logged into discussions.agilebits.com The login screen appeared again across the password. I used the Unlock button, and unlocked 1Password, but the sheet didn't disappear. I used the extension to enter the credentials, and only after I did that did the Unlock 1Password sheet disappear. This doesn't seem right. Not a real fan of the new sheet behavior which drops it into the middle of the screen. Maybe a Cancel button would help.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.7b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11b3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TomWolsky!

This is also one of the reasons why we officially recommend turning off the built-in password manager in your browser. If you decide to keep using both that and 1Password, however, you can hide the popup by pressing the Esc key ;)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Escape. Thanks very much. I use 1P for sites like banking, that really need to be secure I use 1P. For others that aren't that critical, the ease of Keychain is nice.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky:

Understood. And you are welcome! I am glad I could help.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Thank you. I'll try escape myself, next time.

This discussion points out the merits of using 1P for all web logins as it allows use of other browsers which do not auto-sync with Safari, including Edge on Windows or Safari from SO's browser. I do try to minimize use of iCloud for synchronization of miscellaneous data, especially keychain data. My different devices have different business purposes and should not share everything.

I'm eager to receive the next beta version.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020
    Options

@xz4gb8:

My different devices have different business purposes and should not share everything.

Same here :)

I'm eager to receive the next beta version.

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.