1password "search" in online apps yields no results

dap387
dap387
Community Member

When I open an app on my Pixel 3 that requests credentials, such as an online banking app, and the select one of the credential fields (username or password), 1Password prompts me to search the vault, so I start typing something related to that app but nothing ever shows up. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dap387! Welcome to the forum!

Is this happening just with a specific app, or do you not see any information inside 1Password?

• dap387
    dap387
    Community Member

My 1password app is definitely populated with passwords. I believe what I am describing is the mobile autofill function of 1password. I will try to attach a screenshot.
    http://imgur.com/a/kuzw2zq

• dap387
    dap387
    Community Member

As you can see in the linked photo, I am in the Citibank mobile app. When I start typing "Citibank" into the 1password search shown, I would expect to see my entry for this app to appear, but it does not.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dap387:

Thank you for the screenshot! What is the value of the website field inside this 1Password login item? From what you are describing, this sounds like there might be a difference between the URL that is saved inside your login item, and the URL of the page you are visiting. When this happens, 1Password won't show you results for security reasons, so I wonder if this is what is happening here.

• dap387
    dap387
    Community Member

How would I determine the URL of an app login? Or is 1password not actually designed to be able to do this, and thinks it's looking at a login field on a web form?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dap387:

Our support article about saving and filling in Android has some information about this. Specifically this section:

Every Android app has a unique application ID. If a Login item doesn’t include an application ID that matches the app where you’re trying to fill it, 1Password will warn you. To create a Login item that includes the application ID, save it using Autofill.

• dap387
    dap387
    Community Member

Thank you, this makes sense. We can mark this as resolved!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @dap387! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• dap387
    dap387
    Community Member

Hi, there, unfortunately I still can't seem to get this working. Is there a way I can verify that I have created the proper association between the 1Password entry and the app/website? Also, does autofill only work for apps and not websites?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dap387:

Is there a way I can verify that I have created the proper association between the 1Password entry and the app/website?

We can check a specific example for you. Can you share with us what you have entered in your website field inside 1Password?

Also, does autofill only work for apps and not websites?

It works for websites too :+1:

• dap387
    dap387
    Community Member

Weird, all of a sudden it's working now. I didn't make any changes other than to open the desktop app and remove/add some tags. Sorry for the bother.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries @dap387! I am glad to hear that things are working as expected now :)

This discussion has been closed.