New Beta 7.7.Beta-0 Issue

bgabby
bgabby
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've only tried this on one site so far, so I'm not sure if the problem is with the Beta or the website. When asked to fill in my credit card information to make a payment, I first tried the new feature of selecting the 1password icon in the credit card number field. Nothing filled, but the screen started to flash repeatedly, like it was trying to load and display over and over. I then cancelled the transaction and went back in trying the old autofill way. Same screen flashing response. I rebooted my PC to see if that might have been needed after the upgrade and tried the above steps with the same results. In the end, I completed my payment transaction by copy and pasting each field from my 1password to the safari screen.

1Password Version: 7.7.Beta-0
Extension Version: build #70700000
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @bgabby,

What you should have seen was a grey overlay that Safari puts over the web content and a dialog that Safari presents on our behalf asking if you want to fill the credit card into the page you're on. It sounds like it got part way there with the grey overlay but then seemed to think it needed to present again. If you're able to share what site that was on we'd certainly like to see if it behaves the same way consistently and/or if its a bug we're able to fix.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2020

Hey @bgabby

That link isn't loading at all for me, unfortunately... So that we can get a look 'under the hood,' please load up the specific page that has the problematic form but do not fill any information in. Then:

1. Open 1Password mini from the browser's toolbar icon
    2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the mini interface
    3. Click Request Page JSON
    4. Select the resulting text and email it to us to support+forum@1password.com

If you can, please also include the HTML of the page the form is on. How you get the HTML varies by browser, but generally you can right click on the page and select an option like 'View Page Source.' For Safari, specifically, you'd right click on the page and then select 'Show Page Source."

When you send the email you'll get an autoresponder back containing a support ID. So we can 'connect the dots' and assist further, please post that support ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• bgabby
    bgabby
    Community Member

Hi Ben. I think we're stuck. Sorry. Since I made the payment, the page no longer shows options to enter credit card information. Instead it shows Paid in Full. I tried to request the JSON, but it is not selectable.

Let's close this and if it happens again, I will perform the steps you suggested while I am still in countering the issue.

Thanks Ben!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @bgabby! Let us know if you see this again and we can definitely take another look :+1:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member

I have a related problem that just showed up with this new version. On the USPS web site, when I am trying to provide CC data, there is a box to leave the security code and the 1Password icon is inserted there and I can't put in the three digit code. I have to fully quit the program and then the icon is gone and I can put in the security code. iPassword to pointing to the USPS card in the list of security codes to enter the site and not the credit card card I am using. It's quite annoying.

• @DrSFG,

do you have a link or a navigable path to get to the credit card entry page on USPS so we can test it against our in-development versions?

• DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member

All I can send you is a screen shot and a link to the page though you won't be able to get in without an account and password. Your program (in its current design) literally crashes their site. I have to completely close 1Password in order to restore functionality.

https://pay.usps.com/pay/checkout.html

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DrSFG:

Your program (in its current design) literally crashes their site.

I don't believe I have ever seen this before. Would you be able to prepare a short video that shows this and email it to us?

• DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member

I made a QuickTime movie. Your site won't accept that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DrSFG:

You can upload it on your favorite cloud provider and share the link here, or you can email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member

NHM-64412-951

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DrSFG:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: I see that my colleagues have already replied over there too, so I will let you continue the conversation via email :+1:

As a suggestion for next times: when the videos are very large, please consider uploading them somewhere and sharing only the link via email, instead of trying to send them as attachment. If the attachments are too large, they are not sent.

ref: NHM-64412-951

• Sharkez
    Sharkez
    Community Member

Using Safari, In the USPS site (others?) when I have to enter the credit card validation code the web site slows down, typing one number every 30-45sec and then the site crashes and has to refresh. There is a !p button embedded inside the area where I am typing in the 3-digit number. Tried dumping cache and restarting Safari with no help. This means I'm not able to use a credit card to purchase at USPS.

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-1 (70700001)
    Extension Version: 7.7 Beta-1
    OS Version: 10.14.6
    Sync Type: teams

• Hi @Sharkez

Thanks for the report. I've merged your thread with another that appears to be on the same subject. Could you please double check that Safari's own filling capabilities are disabled? They can conflict with 1Password:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Thanks!

Ben

• Sharkez
    Sharkez
    Community Member

The "Other forms" box was checked. I'll test it now in a bit.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1:

• DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member

Here's the video in a public drop box:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/48uhcam2fialgb9/USPS.mov?dl=0

Regarding disabling Safari’s password manager: please don’t take this the wrong way, but Safari’s password manager functions far better in Safari than 1Password’s does. It is simple and convenient. It presents the proper password in a recognizable form that 1Password does not. And it doesn’t interfere with certain input boxes that 1Password is now doing.

So what I have done is closed down 1Password. If I need to save a password, I will open 1Password and then save it. I had absolutely no problem with the setup before you tried to compete with Safari’s password manager. Why can’t you give us the option of instituting the drop down feature? Why are you forcing it down our throats?

• @DrSFG Would you be able to provide an example of what you mean here, please?

Safari’s password manager functions far better in Safari than 1Password’s does. It is simple and convenient. It presents the proper password in a recognizable form that 1Password does not.

We can't support using multiple password managers in a browser, but perhaps there are ways we can improve.

• DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member
  • DrSFG
    DrSFG
    Community Member

Please understand, that before you decided to add the drop down function, I was not having any problem. And I think your program is great! But, please, please, PLEASE! Give us the choice of using the drop down implementation.

• @DrSFG

You may find this post helpful. :+1:

Ben

• Sharkez
    Sharkez
    Community Member

So my problem with usps.com continues even with no safari built in password boxes checked. I've also added usps.com to the "don't save" list in 1password extension. The 1p icon still shows up when I try to fill out the credit card and that kills the web site making it impossible to enter payment information. It is now impossible to use usps.com. Please try out that site please.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Sharkez:

Is this happening also after disabling the 1Password dropdown, in the post Ben linked to?

• Sharkez
    Sharkez
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

I have the latest beta with a preference to turn off the inline 1P in Safari and yes, that fixes the problem - no 1P icon and I can pay.
    But what we need is the ability to turn that off on a site-basis, not always.

• @Sharkez

Click the 1Password button on a site, and in the pop-up, click the right side of the suggestions area with the up and down arrow. There is an option to hide on this page. I believe that is what you are searching for.

This discussion has been closed.