Secure mail - saving information for File:///C:/Users/ME~1/AppData/Local/Temp/securedoc_1234567T

Many medical websites (including Medicaid) send secure email as an attachment. You click the link > Open in browser. This opens a website on your local computer (File:///C:/Users/ME~1/AppData/Local/Temp/securedoc_1234567T.html) to fill in your username (email address)/password. Properly completing this opens access to the email. 1Password doesn't seem to realize that this is a username and password.
I've tried Chrome and Firefox. Same results (nothing). It doesn't offer to save the password, and it doesn't autofill it.
It does work fine in Lastpass.

1. Is there a way to force 1Password to recognize that this is a webform?
  2. Is there an option to "Save all entered data?"

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dangit ,

1Password can only work on actual http(s) URLs and not on local files. The only way to make it work on such a file is to make an FTP server on your computer and access that file via your browser as an external link (which imitates accessing a website on a server), but that is way too much work for what you need.

I suggest you create a manual login in your 1Password app, then when you need to fill in such a file, click the 1Password icon on the top right corner to show 1Password, select that manual login you created, then drag the username/password with your mouse and drop it into the fields on the form. That should work and allow you to fill it quite quickly.

• dangit
    dangit
    Community Member

Thank you for this information. I haven't found instructions for a manual login - well, I did, but it was for a Mac and they didn't match on the PC. Can someone provide a link for instructions on this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dangit:

Here are the instructions on how to create items in 1Password for Windows :+1:

This discussion has been closed.