Safari Plugin inactive on first boot after upgrade to 1Password 7.6

Options
Matt3564
Matt3564
Community Member

I recently upgraded to 1Password 7.6 (70600005) through the inbuilt upgrader. Since that time, on every cold boot, when loading Safari (13.1.1. (14609.2.9.1.3)) the 1Password plugin (7.6) does not work. I can fix this for the session by selecting Safari -> Safari Extensions, the deselecting and reselecting 1Password. I tried to uninstall, hoping to then reinstall, but I get the error "To uninstall "1Password", you must remove the "1Password 7" application. If I can fix it without having to uninstall everything, that would be helpful, otherwise that would be the next step. Thanks, Matt.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @Matt3564

Let's start with a reinstall of the app and the Safari extension. This will not affect your data.

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely using ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Drag the old copy of 1Password from your Applications folder to the trash. - Do not use an application cleaner app. They have been known to be overly aggressive, resulting in lost data. We do not want to touch your data.
    3. Restart the Mac.
    4. Download 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    5. Quit any open browsers.
    6. Run the installer from your downloads folder.
    7. When the installer completes, open 1Password and unlock before opening your browser.
  • Matt3564
    Matt3564
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_tommy, that has certainly worked, I was hoping that the 1Password updater would not require me to uninstall and reinstall the application to get the Safari extension to work again. Perhaps something to add to the upgrade testing. Thank you for your assistance. Matt

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @Matt3564! And I am glad that ag_tommy's suggestion helped :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• droberto
    droberto
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the above including a re-install of 1password 7.6. Still have the same problem.

• Ben
    Options

@droberto

I'd like to have our extensions team take a look at a diagnostic report from your system if you've already tried the instructions Tommy posted. Please create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/567279/#Comment_567279
    • Your forum username: droberto

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• droberto
    droberto
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you but I got it to work.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @droberto. For the benefit of anyone else who might stumble across this thread, would you mind sharing what it was that tipped the scales, please?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.