Chrome extension auto-fill in works 1 out of 5 times

Options

1password Chrome Extension works 1 out of 5 times, I just can't figure out why?

I run Windows 10 with 1 pwd desktop 7.6.778 and 1 pwd chrome extension 4.7.5.90

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @denispaul,

I am sorry to hear that!

To understand what is going on, could you please tell me what exact steps you take when you use 1Password companion extension in Chrome? Do you use keyboard shortcut or your mouse? Do you quit 1Password completely or let your computer go to sleep between your sessions?

Also, when 1Password companion extension doesn't work, what happens when you click 1Password icon in Chrome? Does it open 1Password extension?

I am sorry for these extra questions, but any additional info will be helpful in this situation. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• denispaul
    denispaul
    Community Member
    Options

For you to know, I just uninstalled the 1password Chrome and went on with 1password X to see if it's better.

As per your questions, basically wat happened was that I would click the 1pwd extension icon, it would open the extension window but not suggesting anyhing at all and, 1 out of 5, it would normally suggest a website/login id and autofill it on a click. When not working, I then have to open the desktop app and search for the website or login and copy the pwd and username...

Then, I would quit/close 1pwd desktop.

I always use my keypad

• Have you looked at the URLs associated with your Login items, @denispaul? How 1Password suggests items to fill is it looks at the URL you're on in your browser and matches that to the URLs stored in the website fields in your Login items. If it finds a match, it suggests that item. If your items don't have a URL in the website field or the URL is different from the sign-in URL, that could account for not seeing the proper item suggested.

• denispaul
    denispaul
    Community Member
    Options

good one, bundtkate, I'll check this out... could be the reason since many websites have recently changed from http to https!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @denispaul,

Please let us know what you find. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.