MrC converter skips CSV headers.

tverschuren
tverschuren
Community Member
edited July 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a CSV into a 1pif file for importing.
Accualy a TSV file. As a test, only for headers and one entry.

Title Login Username Login Password
thomas thomas@test Badpass01

Yet the converter puts everything in the notes. Somehow unable to read the field/column names?
{"uuid":"**","title":"Untitled","typeName":"securenotes.SecureNote","openContents":{},"secureContents":{"notesPlain":"title\tlogin username\tlogin password: thomas\tthomas@test\tBadpass01"}}

Thanks for any advise!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tverschuren,

Thank you for getting in touch!

1Password accounts support .CSV importing, so I wonder if there is a particular reason why you want to convert it to 1PIF first? Where you are migrating from?

Please let me know, so we could understand how to proceed. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• tverschuren
    tverschuren
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

We want to import TAGs. My understanding from docs and testing is that this can only be achieved with the tool, not the (web)clients.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2020

@tverschuren ,

You can use the --sepchar option to specify a tab instead of comma:

On the command line, place the tab character in double quotes, or use \t as the character.

• tverschuren
    tverschuren
    Community Member

Hi MrC,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tested some more, do not know what i did wrong the first time, but following your instructions the record is correctly created in the 1PIF file.
    However it will not import in the windows client. The logs shows these lines;

12608 2020-07-30 07:10:15 515.484s ERR opw_export::opif:1172 > Error("missing field createdAt", line: 1, column: 340)
    12608 2020-07-30 07:10:15 519.976s ERR opw_app::api:1915 > could not import items: opw-export\src\opif.rs:1180 nothing to import

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tverschuren,

Please try to update to the latest beta version of 1Password 7 for Windows and try again.

It is possible that you bumped into a known issue with the import, so please let us know how it goes. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• tverschuren
    tverschuren
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

With BETA 7.6.780 the import work.

Thanks for your support!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tverschuren,

Great news! :) I am glad to hear that it works now. Feel free to reach out to us anytime. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.