Why is 1Passsword Windows app "never" updated with the new password from browsert 1Password plugin?

When I save a new password in the Browser (using 1Password plugin on Chrome), the new password never seem to make it to the 1Password Windows App. The new password is still visible in the 1Password browser plugin, but not in the Windows app, even more than 10 minutes after I saved the new password in the browser plugin.

Even after trying to manually trigger update, the Windows app is not updated. I tried to trigger by click "1Password" from main menu and then menu item "Your app is up to date". I know the menu item is for trigging updates of the app itself, but I hope it might also read the my password data again from the server.

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10.0.18363.959 Pro
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Hey @klasta :smile:

After you create or update an item, does it show in your account on 1Password.com? I'd like to confirm that so we know if the problem is the item making its way to the server or if the issue is 1Password for Windows grabbing the update from the server.

• klasta
    klasta
    Community Member

I resolved the case by copying the new password from the browser plugin into 1Password. So now all three have the same password (browser plugin, Windfows app and 1Password.com).

• Sounds good, but do let us know if you encounter further sync troubles. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.