Credit Cards: do I enter both a credit card and a "Login" to access my online credit card account?

RustyTheKid
RustyTheKid
Community Member

I am a newbie, and this is simply an organizational question about how to best use 1Password: Let's say I enter in all of my credit cards into the "Credit Card" section of my 1Password private vault. Now I want to go online and access one of my credit card accounts to make a payment. Do I also need to establish a "Login" for that same credit card, or is that online login URL handled somewhere on the original "Credit Card" field itself?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @RustyTheKid

I'd be happy to help. The details for logging into a web page would need to be on a Login item, whereas any payment details would be on a Credit Card item. So, yes, generally you will need two separate items, for different purposes. :)

Ben

• RustyTheKid
    RustyTheKid
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks much for clarifying! I suspected that was the case. I'll slowly get used to this great tool. Some answers are a bit more difficult to hunt down online, but this forum is fantastic!

BTW, I am also not used to using forums. Should I open a new topic each time I have a different question, or should I try to find a related topic to append it to?

• @RustyTheKid

Glad that helps. :) Thanks for the kind words about the forum.

BTW, I am also not used to using forums. Should I open a new topic each time I have a different question, or should I try to find a related topic to append it to?

Unless you're fairly confident that your issue is the same as the topic being discussed it is probably best to start a new one. If we do find that there is an already existing topic on an issue we can merge them. That's a bit easier than splitting an unrelated issue off, though we can do that too if needed. In short, if in doubt, I'd say start a new thread. :+1:

Ben

• RustyTheKid
    RustyTheKid
    Community Member

Ok, great Ben! Now I’m dressed for success.

• Excellent. :sunglasses:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.