Try to Sync with icloud in password 7

JanX1
JanX1
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

I want to sync password 7 with icloud. But can’t find the sync button in the preferences anymore. It was present in password 6. I would like to sync from my macbook via icloud to my imac, or is there an other method.
How can I do that?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @JanX1

1Password memberships don't sync through 3rd party services. Instead your encrypted data is synced by 1Password itself. If you are signed into a membership account in the 1Password app then you won't see sync preferences, because there aren't any. :) To sync to an additional device you'd simply sign into that same account on the additional device. Do you have an account added in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts?

Please let me know.

Ben

• JanX1
    JanX1
    Community Member

Ben, thank you for your answer. I already created an account and now I installed 1Password with the secret key. That went well, but now wilI it automatically synchronize the password or do I have to set something.
    Kind regards,
    Jan, from The Netherlands

• Nothing to set @JanX1. As long as you are signed into the same account on each of your devices then any vaults that are part of that account will be available and synced with each device.

Ben

• JanX1
    JanX1
    Community Member

Thanks Ben!

• You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.