CSV Exports only one record

On the Desktop app in Windows, select one of my tags, highlight all items, right click, export, choose csv, and save the file. Open file in notepad and there's only one record even though the file name says 23 items.

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I'm not seeing this on my end, @kurtd. Any chance most of these items are Document items or items with custom icons? These can't be exported, they need to be downloaded instead. I noticed, however, that when selecting a Document item along with another item that is exportable, the resulting export still mentions (2 items). That is incorrect and I'll make sure to pass it along to our development team. :+1:

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

It looks like all the items except one were in a shared vault where I didn't have permission to export from so it was only getting the one item in the private vault.

If I only select the shared items then there is no export button but if I select all plus the private item then it seems like it's going to export everything and even has the # of items in the file name but it only contains the one private item. Will change the permissions and try it again.

• Did you see a banner noting that some items weren't exported due to permissions settings after doing the export, @kurtd? While the number in the file name remains wrong for things like Document items, I did see a banner letting me know they were skipped. I feel like we should be doing the same for other non-exportable items, regardless of the reason so if we're missing that it's likely something to fix up. :+1:

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

I don't think there was a banner or any indication that items were skipped.

• Thanks, @kurtd! I'll touch base with our development team so we can dig into how to handle that better. In the meantime, do let me know if you're still running into any trouble when you adjust those permissions. :+1:

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

Worked fine after I adjusted the permission. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @kurtd! I am glad to hear this :)

This discussion has been closed.