Asus Router App's not working with 1Password AutoFill.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited July 2020 in iOS

I've installed Asus Router App and it does not always work with 1Password AutoFill. The keyboard appears to be zooming and then it stops midway. I cannot enter the Master Password and must cancel the attempts. There were other times when the keyboard overshoots and the sides become obscured. This during the initial setup stage. I have no control over the placement of the keyboard.

The only way I could enter the Master Password when the keyboard was too large was to shrink the keyboard to become one handed and move the keyboard so it wasn't blocking the Master Password text field. I couldn't make the keyboard fit the screen.

iPadOS 13.6
1Password 7.6
Asus Router 1.0.0.5.66

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem!

Is this the only app where this is happening?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,

It seems to be the only app that I've noticed doing this. I'll try to find another example, if possible.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That would be great @wkleem, thank you. I don't have an Asus router to test this app I am afraid, so any other information you could find would be very useful :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

I recently noticed other issues. Safari is warning me when I tried the ASUS mini browser that the connection is not private (https:). I noticed similar to the above screenshot when I tried the built in 192.168.xx.xx. Web browser.

Certificate not trusted.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

That would mean that the page you are trying to visit either has no security certificate, or that you should renew it. So Safari is doing the right thing to warn you in either case ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

There was something I noticed which was that I could not screenshot a over extended keyboard, as shown above. I had to use another camera. Would you need another screenshot similar to the above?

I used ASUS Discovery App. Here is another warning. Is it safe to not redact the name?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

I don't believe we need additional screenshots for the keyboard behavior. As for the warning message in the last screenshot: have you added 192.168.1.1 to the website field of your Asus Router AX88U Login item in 1Password?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

It might have been auto included when saving the login. I will have to check.

The router app can dynamically change the address. The saved login and the above have different numbers. I copied and pasted the password from the above into the password field

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

The router app can dynamically change the address.

If they can do that, then I am afraid you would have to keep changing the IP address inside this Login item, or accept the warning every time it changes. Only if the Login item in 1Password matches the URL you are trying to login to, you will be able to fill credentials without the warning.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

The IP stays the same if I don’t log out and don’t reboot. If I reset, the router can then choose a new IP.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

@ag_ana,

There should be a finder website for Asus wifi equipment; router.asus.com should work from any web browser but it doesn't work directly. I can only get through to this website from within the App and it can be included with my logins, saved from inside the Asus Router App. Safari lists it as not safe.

https://asus.com/sg/support/FAQ/1005263/

Here is something odd. One of my iPad Minis which I didn’t remove the Primary Vault vs the one with a Primary vault removed, my older iPad Mini with the Primary Vault is working OK with the same Apps and iPadOS 13.6

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

Safari lists it as not safe.

Indeed, this is what Chrome also says:

Here is something odd. One of my iPad Minis which I didn’t remove the Primary Vault vs the one with a Primary vault removed, my older iPad Mini with the Primary Vault is working OK with the same Apps and iPadOS 13.6

Do you mean that the older iPad does not show the keyboard issue, or does not show the warning?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi, I didn't test the site from Safari on my old iPad. 1Password doesn't show the keyboard issue on my old iPad Mini, with the Asus Router App but the new iPad Mini does. Thanks for the confirmation about the Asus site being not fully secure.

I previously was able to show a Not trusted cert. from Safari, but I've forgotten how to recreate the steps. The App Browser is showing as Safari. I'll post here when I remember how it's done.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

1Password doesn't show the keyboard issue on my old iPad Mini, with the Asus Router App but the new iPad Mini does.

Do you see the same behavior on your new iPad Mini after rebooting it?

I previously was able to show a Not trusted cert. from Safari, but I've forgotten how to recreate the steps. The App Browser is showing as Safari. I'll post here when I remember how it's done.

Thanks! But regardless, that's a setting with the Asus website, so every browser should show some sort of warning when you visit it.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Do you see the same behavior on your new iPad Mini after rebooting it?

Thanks for the suggestion. Rebooting the newer iPad Mini worked and the keyboard appears to be back to normal.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear, thank you for the update :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I have a question about this Login, which is that Categories - Routers - seem to be not used now but I would like to put it there? All my saved "Logins" are going to Logins.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

You can certainly create a separate Wireless Router item for this if you prefer. Just keep in mind that only Login items can be filled on websites, so if that's important to you, I would recommend keeping this item as a Login item.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Saving to Android would need extra care since I've noticed Android Login is different from other platforms' Logins?

I've tried to Login to the Asus Router site from Android Asus Router App and 1Password isn't working to AutoFill.

1Password worked one time only for the Username and then stopped working for the Password field in Android. Switching between Username and Android doesn't get the 1Password AutoFill back. I cannot save the Login from inside Android also.

My Android device is up to Android 9 only.

This discussion has been closed.