Following the YouTube video on "Changing your passwords to make them stronger" does not work on MAC.

RogerBen
RogerBen
Community Member

When I follow the procedure in the referenced video on "Changing your passwords to make them stronger", the newly created password always goes to the Current password box, not the New Password box and the Confirm New Password box. I am using 1password version 7.6 and macOS Catalina 10.15.6. Please send me detailed instructions on how I can get this feature to work. Note: The other instructions you have on-line agree with the video, so they do not help me to get it to work either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Having trouble updating passwords to make them stronger using 1password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hi @RogerBen! Welcome to the forum!

When I follow the procedure in the referenced video on "Changing your passwords to make them stronger", the newly created password always goes to the Current password box, not the New Password box and the Confirm New Password box.

What website is this happening with? If you could share with us the full URL where this is happening, we can test it here too. It sounds like there is an issue with this specific website, so we will be happy to take a look.

• RogerBen
    RogerBen
    Community Member

I have tried a number of web sites, get the same unwanted behavior from all when I try to use 1password to generate a password. Among the websites that I have tried are changing the passwords on Fitbit.com, mossmisata.com, and shoprunner.com. It always fills in the generated password into the Current box.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@RogerBen:

Thank you for the additional information! I checked our issue tracker and I confirm that this is indeed a known recent issue, our developers are aware of this. Hopefully we will be able to address this in a future update soon :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4880

• RogerBen
    RogerBen
    Community Member

Thanks very much for checking this out and letting me know. It was driving me crazy, so it is nice to know it isn't just me. Hopefully there will be an update with a fix soon. Please let me know if you find out it has been fixed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RogerBen:

I will do my best to remember to post an update here in this discussion. But I also encourage you to keep an eye out on the release notes: you will see all the updates there as soon as they are included :)

• RogerBen
    RogerBen
    Community Member

Thanks

• RogerBen
    RogerBen
    Community Member

Will this only be fixed when release 7.7 comes out?
    Or, is there chance of a fix before that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

• RogerBen
    RogerBen
    Community Member

Is there an update on when this known problem will be fixed?

• Nothing solid at this point @RogerBen, though "ASAP."

Ben

This discussion has been closed.