Same AppleID but different 1password account

benjam
benjam
Community Member

Hi,

My wife and I share an AppleID but we'd like the ability to have separate private 1password vaults, both accessed through the iOS app. I sent an invitation to her at another non-Apple email address, but upon setting it up on her iPhone, it was only able to access my private vault. Have we done something wrong here or is a 1password account inextricably linked to one AppleID?

Thanks,
Ben.

1Password Version: 7.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.5.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @benjam! Welcome to the forum!

1Password has no connection to your Apple ID, so that won't be a problem. Can you clarify something for us? Are you both using one single device, with one single 1Password app installed?

• benjam
    benjam
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply, @ag_ana. No we have separate devices - we must have done something wrong when setting it up on my wife’s phone.

• @benjam

It seems that may be the case. Uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password for iOS should get you back to a state where you can enter her credentials instead of yours. To be clear: the only piece of information that should be the same for her account as yours is the sign-in address. The email address, Secret Key, and Master Password are all unique.

Ben

• benjam
    benjam
    Community Member

Ah ok - so does that mean that my wife has to subscribe to 1Password separately before being invited to the family account?

• If you have a 1Password Families membership then that subscription includes up to five people. Your wife would not need her own subscription, but her account credentials for her account within your family membership are entirely distinct from yours.

Ben

• benjam
    benjam
    Community Member

Great thanks for your help @ag_ana and @Ben.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @benjam! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.