Accessing a Merrill Lynch app using 1Password

Maury
Maury
Community Member

Can access Merrill Lynch (ML) website via Windows-based (Chrome) laptop; can't using iOS/Safari on phone/iPad. My 1Password version is 7.6.1.

Attempts to access ML on laptop is via the web. Attempts on iOS devices to access ML are via a ML app called My Merrill. Note that I can access the app if I manually enter username and password. So, connectivity is intact. However, attempts to use 1Password and autofill are unsuccessful.

1Password Version: 7.6.1
Extension Version: Not sure
OS Version: iOS 13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Maury

I"m sorry to hear about the trouble accessing the My Merrill app on iOS using 1Password. Could you please let me know what happens (or perhaps doesn't happen) when you try to do so? What is different about the experience in this app than other apps?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Ben

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Appreciate the response, Ben. When I try to autofill using 1Password, the password for the site autofills but the username does not (the user name is entered for the site in my vault in 1Password). When I then attempt to manually enter my username, the password disappears. This occurs on every attempt.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Maury:

Thank you for the details! Can you please post the URL to download this app from the App Store, so we can test it? I tried looking for it but I could not find it, so it's possible that it's not available in every country, but I would like to make sure I was looking for the right one :)

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Thanks for your interest. But, gosh, I don't know how to find a URL for an app. I was easily able to access the app, however, by going to the App Store and typing in My Merrill in the search bar. I hope this works for you.

Maury.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Maury:

When you open the App Store page for the app, you can tap on the Share button there, and then select Copy link ;)

I was easily able to access the app, however, by going to the App Store and typing in My Merrill in the search bar.

It's possible than that the app is not available in my country. I can try to find someone that is able to access it so they can test it :+1:

• @Maury

Is this the app in question? I want to make sure I am testing the correct one. :chuffed: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mymerrill/id420490216
    I was able to fill a set of test credentials from 1Password. Both username and password on an iPad (iOS 13) and iPhone (iOS public beta). Have you tried creating a new entry in 1Password as a test?

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Yes. That is the correct app. I'll try deleting it from 1Password and then re-entering it. For a couple of reasons, though, I am not inclined to change my username and password for this site. Thanks for your attention to this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Maury:

For a couple of reasons, though, I am not inclined to change my username and password for this site.

That won't be necessary. You can just create a new Login item in 1Password with the same username and password that you already have.

This discussion has been closed.