Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Noted @dsmking :+1: :)

• ptaber
    ptaber
    Community Member

Jumping on the bandwagon -- I'd like a 1Password ARM64 build too. -- Another happy SPX owner.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in here as well @ptaber :+1:

• MichaelD
    MichaelD
    Community Member

Hi,
    Do you have News with Surface Pro X support ?
    Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No updates to share on this yet @MichaelD, sorry!

• pkkconat
    pkkconat
    Community Member

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/net-july-2021/#windows-arm64

It seems there is a supported WPF release by now.

What’s the status on ARM support at 1Password?
    Currently it is a pain to work with the app on ARM.

• Hi @pkkconat 👋

There's nothing we can share at this point in time, but you can rest assured that this is something our team still has on our radar, and we're excited to see what we can do with ARM!

• alovchin91
    alovchin91
    Community Member

I hope you guys already saw ARM64EC as this appears to be a solution to your third party libraries problem:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2021/06/28/announcing-arm64ec-building-native-and-interoperable-apps-for-windows-11-on-arm/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/arm64ec

Not that 1Password for Microsoft Edge wasn't enough, but Windows Hello support would have been a very welcome addition, especially on a 2-in-1 that Surface Pro X is.

• Thank you for the heads-up, @alovchin91! We appreciate you mentioning it here 👍

• HIR45
    HIR45
    Community Member

Also looking for native support of ARM please please please.
    Having said that, also posting in this thread in case it helps earlier posters --> 1Password 8 runs very well in Windows 11 on the Surface Pro X. Been testing it for a few days now and really great so far. I think the only thing I'm missing at the moment is the Secure Desktop login. I'm assuming this is running in some kind of 'emulation' mode - and so far I see no issues in terms of performance, and very low power/cpu usage whenever I check. This is SUCH a relief. I was thinking I was going to have to move away from 1Password; because between having to choose between the Surface X and 1Password ... ahem ... SPX was going to win :)
    Anyways, would love to see a native ARM installer, but for now the Windows 11 plus 1Password 8 combo is working like a charm.

• Glad to hear 1Password 8 is working so well for you your Surface Pro X @HIR45! :smile:

As for Secure Desktop, it's definitely something we hope to have back sooner rather than later in the stable releases as we put the finishing touches on it. In the mean time, it is available on the Beta or Nightly releases, by pressing ctrl+enter in the account password field when unlocking 1Password. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• Lucent
    Lucent
    Community Member

Several new ARM64 Windows laptops will soon be released with the 8cx Gen 3 including an unknown Surface device and the ThinkPad X13s. I know there isn't a lot of ARM Windows floating around, but it's a chicken and egg problem, much like Comcast not streaming 4K content because no one has 4K cable boxes and vice versa.

• Hi,

We can't wait to see more competitions across the industry for both ARM and x86. I'm very curious to see the next gen Surface Pro X, especially a rumor that Microsoft and AMD might be working together on the next ARM SoC.

As for 1Password 8 being ARM-native, it is still under consideration. Right now, it is not possible because some of the core libraries we use within 1Password Core that makes up all of our 1Password 8 apps does not currently compile to Windows' ARM target, we're awaiting for the ecosystem to mature.

• tmakaro
    tmakaro
    Community Member

ARM64EC has now released to general availability. https://devblogs.microsoft.com/cppblog/official-support-for-arm64ec-is-here/

• Hey @tmakaro:

Thanks for sharing!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.