Can't drag password to tag

I tried to drag passwords to tags but only get a circle with a line through it. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: x
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tags

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tilley4000!

Are you trying to do this in the 1Password for Windows desktop app, or in the 1Password X browser extension?

• tilley4000
    tilley4000
    Community Member

Neither one works. I have Windows 10 and Firefox.
    Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tilley4000:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have just tried dragging a Login item to the a tag in the 1Password for Windows desktop app, and the tag was successfully applied to the item. I tested this on 1Password for Windows version 7.6.779. What version of the 1Password app did you try this with?

• tilley4000
    tilley4000
    Community Member

Thanks. I just tried it again in the Windows desktop app and it worked even though I don't have the latest version. Is there a way to get it to update automatically? However, it still doesn't work in my 1PasswordX for Firefox. Firefox says there are no updates available...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tilley4000:

Is there a way to get it to update automatically?

Yes, you can do that in 1Password for Windows if you go to Settings > Update, and make sure that the option named Automatically install updates is enabled.

However, it still doesn't work in my 1PasswordX for Firefox. Firefox says there are no updates available...

Dragging and dropping items only works in the desktop app, not in the 1Password X browser extension, so what you are seeing is normal :)

• tilley4000
    tilley4000
    Community Member

Thanks. I just tried it again in the Windows desktop app and it worked even though I don't have the latest version. Is there a way to get it to update automatically? However, it still doesn't work in my 1PasswordX for Firefox. Firefox says there are no updates available...

• tilley4000
    tilley4000
    Community Member

That's my problem. Thanks very much for your patience and for being so responsive!
    Steve

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @tilley4000! For drag and drop, you should always use the desktop app. The browser extension has less features than the main app, since it focuses on filling credentials on websites, so you cannot do absolutely everything in there.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.