Can you use BOTH the 1Password AND Lastpass google chrome extensions at the same time

psappie
psappie
Community Member

I am a LastPass user. I've just installed 1Password so that I can evaluate it before deleting my LastPass account. I've added the 1Password extension to google chrome so now I have both the LastPass and 1Password extensions installed. Now when I log into a website, it still allows me to fill id/password using LastPass. Is there something additional I need to do enable 1Password to fill in login fields?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @psappie!

There is nothing that forbids you from doing this, technically speaking. However, 1Password works best when it's the only password manager in your browser. For this reason, if you would like to test it, it would be better if you disabled other password managers in your browsers, at least temporarily.

Otherwise, as you have seen, other extensions might appear before 1Password is able to do its job :)

• psappie
    psappie
    Community Member

Wow! Thanks again. I removed the Lastpass and am able to use the 1Password extension. fyi... I am also able to have BOTH extensions install and select which either Lastpass or 1Password prefill data. They work a little differently. Lastpass adds an icon on the screen by the fields that you can prefill. For 1Password, you select the browser extension icon on the toolbar to prefill fields.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@psappie:

I am not familiar with Lastpass, but from what you are saying, our 1Password X browser extension might behave in a more similar way to what you are used to. You can download it from here, and here is some more information about it:

1Password X

You can use either 1Password extension: 1Password X is our latest version, so you might want to give that a try and see which one you prefer ;)

This discussion has been closed.