Unable to remove a suspended account from 1Password App on Mac

Options
JSki
JSki
Community Member

Hi there,

I had a corporate membership account under 1Password which was suspended. I was able to delete that account via my iPhone app and add my personal trial membership, but my computer still recognizes the corporate membership and will not allow me to add / delete that account. I've deleted the app from my computer and reinstalled, but it still shows up as the suspended business account. Any help would be much appreciated.

• JSki

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JSki! Welcome to the forum!

but my computer still recognizes the corporate membership and will not allow me to add / delete that account.

Since your account is already added to the app, 1Password does not allow you to add it again, so this at least is normal.

What happens exactly when you try to remove this old account from the 1Password for Mac app though? Do you get an error message?

• JSki
    JSki
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't give me any option to remove it. I open the 1Password app, go to Preferences > Accounts, and see my suspended business account. The "subscribed" button is grayed out, the + / - is grayed out. The only item I can click is the sign in address to my company account and I can no longer access that because I do not have the password / master key.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JSki:

Is the 1Password app unlocked when you try this? Make sure it is unlocked (in other words, opening it is not enough), otherwise you can only see your list of accounts, but you won't be able to make changes to it, including removing the account.

I have just tested this in my 1Password for Mac app, and until I unlocked it by entering the Master Password after opening the app, I also saw the same behavior you are describing.

• JSki
    JSki
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Ah, I see, unfortunately I don't have access to the Master Password since my previous employer set it up for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JSki:

Understood, thank you for the confirmation. In this case, you can reset the 1Password for Mac app completely:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

This will remove all data currently in it, so the next time you launch the app, you will be able to add a new account to it :)

This discussion has been closed.