MDM app configuration

mariussignorello
mariussignorello
Community Member
edited August 2020 in iOS

I noticed in iPassword for iOS 7.6.2 adds support for configuring certain settings via MDM but I can't find any documentation on how to do this. I'm familiar with the XML format, so all I would need is each key and the value type to add the settings in.

If there was a way to provision users via MDM also, that would be a huge plus. Even if it's up to the user to add their secret key and master password, having some kind of background provisioning makes setup faster.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14 beta 3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @mariussignorello

We don't have documentation on the MDM XML quite yet but that is something our documentation team will be working on. My apologies that we weren't able to get that completed before the 7.6.2 release. While we're waiting on something more official I'll ask the team if they can provide me with the strings you are looking for.

Provisioning 1Password users can be done through the SCIM Bridge. Additional information on that can be found here:

Automate provisioning in 1Password Business using SCIM

Ben

• To add: in discussing this topic with one of my colleagues they mentioned that you may have been asking about the ability for MDM to push out the user's 1Password credentials into the app for them, so there is less for them to enter. I will do some further research on that as well but it appears that is not something that we currently have available.

Ben

• mariussignorello
    mariussignorello
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick update! There's no rush, but it's good to know you're working on it.

I'm not too worried about automatic provisioning. The QR codes make it pretty painless and basic for users to do themselves.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• @mariussignorello,

are there specific MDM settings you're interested in, or did the ones we mentioned in the release notes for 1Password for iOS line up with what you were hoping for?

• mariussignorello
    mariussignorello
    Community Member

@rudy I think just user provisioning and the ability to set security defaults covers what I need.

• @mariussignorello,

The ones that were added:

• Master Password Timeout - if biometry or pin are enabled the presence of this setting in the mobile app config will set the timeout to a specific value and disallow the user from changing it
    • Biometry Allowed - presence of this setting in the mobile app config controls whether the user is allowed to use biometry (if the device supports it)
    • PIN Allowed - presence of this setting in the mobile app config controls whether the user is allowed to use a pin to unlock 1Password
    • 3 prefs that line up with the notification settings, if present in mobile app config their state will be set to the value in question and not modifiable by the user.
This discussion has been closed.