Fedora 26 / Linux

Because most of my team members are using Linux / Fedora 26 desktops I 'm very interested if there is any sight on getting a native Linux 1Password client.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fedora 26, Windows 10 & macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password cloud

Comments

• Hi @CMC_test2018

We do offer the 1Password X browser extension for Firefox and Chrome on Linux, as well as a command line interface tool that operates on Linux. Additionally the web interface should work in just about any modern web browser. That said, I’m not aware of any definite plans for a native “1Password for Linux” application akin to 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows at this time. We have a number of Linux fans on the team, so it is possible we’d consider something like that down the road, if there is enough demand for it. I’d definitely recommend reaching out to our business team at [email protected] to discuss your needs, particularly any that aren’t already met by existing options.

Use 1Password on Linux

I hope that helps!

Ben

• CMC_test2018
    CMC_test2018
    Community Member

Hi Ben
    Thank you for the reply! We will definitely contact the business team and are trying to get some more hands-on experience with the browser extension and webinterface in the trial period.
    Will eagerly follow eventual developments in a eventual native Linux Client.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

• Great. :+1: :)

Ben

• timmay
    timmay
    Community Member

I'd love this.... for my (using Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop) I'm just relying on the Firefox iPassword X oddon... it's a pain to keep logging in, especially with it being a bit flaky around the login experience.

If I've restarted by browser, the addon wants me to login again, but when I click on the icon to bring the addon's view up, it flashes for 1 second (where I can see it wants me to enter my master password) then disappears never to return. When this happens, I have to go to https://start.1password.com/signin to login, so then the plugin recognises it and lets me in... but it's definitely jarring every time I open by browser

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@timmay: Can you clarify? Unfortunately without any basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong in your specific case and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Are you saying that 1Password X disappears from your browser and you need to reinstall it or something? Thanks in advance! :)

• Hi everyone.

I'm very excited to announce that there has been progress on this request. You can read more here:

1Password for Linux development preview

We'd love to hear from you over in our new Linux Development Preview forum category. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.