Why can't 1Password remember its Full Screen state?

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

The application can remember its closed size and screen position, even if it's partially off the scren, but it can't remember that it was in full screen mode? How difficult is this? Just don't get it.

1Password Version: 7.7.b2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TomWolsky!

When I set 1Password for Mac to full screen, it always remains at full screen for me. What steps are you following to make this happen?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Quit the application and then relaunch it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

I see. 1Password remembers the fact that it was full screen for me when I quit and relaunch it.

Do you have a video that shows this behavior?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

I do, but I can't see a way to attach it. Only images or files, which doesn't allow selection of the screen capture.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

You can upload it to your favorite cloud and link it here, or email it to us if it's not too heavy at support+forum@agilebits.com.

If you decide to email it, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

Please make sure to generate a public link for the file, the one you shared is only visible to you. Putting files in the Dropbox public folder is not enough, based on the Dropbox documentation.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky:

Thank you! This one works :)

Interesting behavior: when I try the same process, 1Password remains full screen for me. I wonder if starting fresh would help: can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

Do you see the same behavior now?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

I'm afraid not. I still have the same behavior. There is no preference for this, is there?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

@TomWolsky:

No preference, that's correct. I checked them all again right now just for good measure, but I don't see anything that would be related to this.

However, I think I might have managed to reproduce the behavior you are seeing. I think I was using a slightly different process. Using the same process as you now, I have also tested the Firefox browser however, and after quitting it and relaunching it, Firefox also exited from full screen.

Can you give us an example of an app that works like this, and that starts again in full screen after quitting it?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Quite a few of the Apple applications do, though not all. Safari, Calendar, Contacts, Music. In non-Apple applications Transmit, Affinity, WhatsApp, Office applications come to mind.

This discussion has been closed.