Every 5-10 seconds warning pops up with: 1passwordAgent cannot be opened because of a problem.

Every 5-10 seconds warning pops up with: 1passwordAgent cannot be opened because of a problem.
iMac OS10.6.8
Upgrade to 1Password 3 Single User License
Name: Robert Peacock

Attached copy of report details with a screen shot.

How do I Shut it off, it interrupts typing and the program 1password is not open or selected?
Cannot open 1password to ID version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Every 5-10 seconds warning pops up with: 1passwordAgent cannot be opened because of a problem.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bnb! Welcome to the forum!

If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, how many 1Password apps do you see there? And do they show the version of the app?

• Bnb
    Bnb
    Community Member

Thanks,
    The problem is every time I start to type it popup and stop me until I hit OK button.
    The 1password is version is 3.8.22
    My computer cannot not be upgraded due to 32 bit processor. Apple OS is 10.6.8 the
    latest they have for this model iMac with Processor Named: Intel Core Duo.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @Bnb! I am afraid that 1Password 3.8.22 has been retired 6 year ago, and has not received any updates (to be honest, I am quite surprised that you have managed to keep using it so far despite its age). We typically recommend updating to the latest version of 1Password when things like these start happening with very old versions of the app, but if you cannot update to a more recent version of macOS, I am not sure if we have anything else to suggest :(

• Bnb
    Bnb
    Community Member

Hi,
    Is deleting or uninstalling 1Password my only option?
    What is the latest version compatible with Mac OS 10.6.8?
    Would down loading 3.8.22 and reinstalling solve it?
    Would moving 1Password to the desk top stop it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Bnb:

What is the latest version compatible with Mac OS 10.6.8?

Unfortunately, on such an old operating system, version 3.8.22 is the last compatible one.

Would down loading 3.8.22 and reinstalling solve it?

Possibly yes, but there is also a good chance that the problem goes deeper, as per my previous post. It might be worth a try however.

Would moving 1Password to the desk top stop it?

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this?

• Bnb
    Bnb
    Community Member

This problem with 1Password started after a power outage, on startup I used Disk Warrior for preventative maintenance. It IDs several files that could not be repaired but had to be replaced. I provided a copy of the results.
    I again asked what will shut off the popup without the program open.

1.) Reinstalling the program, if any chance, send me a link, for me to download.
    2.) Will moving the program to the desktop Stop the popups?  Yes, No, or your opinion
    3.) Will the popup Stop if I uninstall the program?  Yes, No, or your opinion, Please Recommend procedures

@Bnb: (Quote) Unfortunately, on such an old operating system, version 3.8.22 is the last compatible one. (Quote) Possibly yes, but there is also a good chance … good chance for what I do not understand.

We understood when I asked that 3.8.22 was most likely the latest version, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Upgrading at this time is not an option we are in a pandemic, we are retired and live on a fixed income, Social Security. We have had Several Unplanned Large Medical Expenses in the last nine (9) months with hardly any covered by our insurance.

Originally we had hoped to have save a partial down payment by now for a new replacement iMac desktop, for sometime in 2021. That plan is out the window for now therefore, we need some possible solution now on how to stop the Popups or a list of things to try at least.

Help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Bnb:

This problem with 1Password started after a power outage, on startup I used Disk Warrior for preventative maintenance. It IDs several files that could not be repaired but had to be replaced. I provided a copy of the results.

Where is the copy of the results?

1.) Reinstalling the program, if any chance, send me a link, for me to download.

You can download the old 1Password 3 app from here.

2.) Will moving the program to the desktop Stop the popups? Yes, No, or your opinion

As per my previous response to you, can you please elaborate on what you mean by this? I don't know what you mean by "moving the program to the desktop". On a Mac, apps live in the Applications folder, and should stay there, so moving things to the desktop probably won't change anything.

3.) Will the popup Stop if I uninstall the program? Yes, No, or your opinion, Please Recommend procedures

I would assume that if you uninstall 1Password, the popup will go away since the app is not installed anymore. The question is rather if the popup will appear again after you install 1Password again. Make sure you have a backup of your data before you proceed though :+1:

This discussion has been closed.