Teams and 1Password X and Automatic Signout

Options
focher
focher
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I use both a personal 1Password.com account and a Teams account, and have 1Password X installed in my browser. The Teams account will automatically sign out, and I constantly have to re-login within 1Password X to access the vaults in the Teams account.

Is there a setting to disable or extend the logout period for the Teams account? This doesn't happen with the vaults in my 1Password.com account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @focher

I'd be happy to help with that. Is this a case of 1Password locking, and needing to re-enter only the Master Password, or are you finding you have to enter your full set of credentials (e.g. Secret Key) as well?

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• focher
    focher
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

It is simply providing the Master Password again. It's not a big task, as I have that stored as an item in my personal vault so it's just a matter of clicking through the screens. It's more of an inconvenience that is surprising because it's not required for my personal account and vaults.

Here are some screenshots just to be crystal clear what workflow I'm referring to:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@focher:

I believe that this is normal behavior in 1Password X if those accounts have different Master Passwords (in other words, 1Password X does not behave like the desktop apps when it comes to this). Is it possible this might be the case for you?

• focher
    focher
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I can't address if it's normal 1Password X behavior but it seems strange to me. How does 1Password X decide to lock my Teams vault(s) but not my Family / Personal vaults? I think that's at the core of my issue - there's no setting to define the timeout for the Teams account? If that's not a user accessible setting, what is the built-in timeout?

• Ben
    Options

@focher

1Password X does have auto-lock settings. You can find them by right clicking on the 1Password X icon in the browser's toolbar and selecting Settings from the menu. The Security settings are at the top of the resulting page. When you unlock using the Master Password for one account, that only unlocks the accounts that use that Master Password. If for example your personal account and work account do not have the same Master Password, and you enter the one for the personal account, the work account will remain locked. Additionally the timeout set in your profile in the web app: https://start.1password.com/profile under Auto-Lock in the left-hand sidebar may need to be adjusted. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• focher
    focher
    Community Member
    Options

Clear to me now regarding the Master Password and what it is unlocking (versus not). Most helpful with the Auto-Lock setting. I was able to just boost it up higher so the timeout just occurs less frequently. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @focher! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.