Using my personal icloud synced vault on my company's 1Password 7?

AnkeWi77
AnkeWi77
Community Member

Hi there! I've been using a standalone version of 1password for years now, and really happy with it. I'm using a bought version of 6.8.9 on my computer. I've set up syncing via iCloud.
Now, I've gotten a new job and this company uses 1password for their passwords. Great, of course, but I cannot seem to find a way to get my personal (icloud synced) vault into the account based 1password 7 that they use. I tried installing both 6 ánd 7, but it seems that you can only install either one of them.

Is there a way to use my icloud vault on the same computer that I'm using with the company's account based 1 password? Or is that simply not possible? Thank you in advance for your answer!

• Anke

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AnkeWi77! Welcome to the forum!

Is there a way to use my icloud vault on the same computer that I'm using with the company's account based 1 password?

Yes, this is possible :) In the 1Password 7 app, do you have Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts enabled under 1Password Preferences > Advanced tab?

• AnkeWi77
    AnkeWi77
    Community Member

Thank you ag_ana!
    That solved my issue. For reference and other people that stumble upon this issue:

In the 1Password 7 app, do you have Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts enabled under 1Password Preferences > Advanced tab?

• Enable the above checkbox. This creates a local 'Primary' vault. Leave that one empty.
    • Go to preferences > sync tab
    • Select your iCloud vault, and sync this with your primary vault

And i'm good to go!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @AnkeWi77! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.