Export from IOS, lost MP

Options
jimmyweg
jimmyweg
Community Member
edited August 2020 in iOS

Is there a way that I can export my logins and other data from iOS to a format in which I can import it to a new vault that I would create in Windows? Long story short is that I hosed a new master password, but can access my vault on my iPad with facial recognition. I want to move that vault, or create a new vault/account and use the new vault in Windows with my original data. Maybe there’s a better way? Another problem is that, if I can't log in to my account, how can I create a new vault, short of creating a new account and starting over? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Well, crisis averted! I have my mp. Still, I'd appreciate your answers, as who knows when I'll do this again. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimmyweg!

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that you managed to avert the crisis :)

I want to move that vault, or create a new vault/account and use the new vault in Windows with my original data. Maybe there’s a better way?

If you want to do this from iOS, perhaps the best way would be to create a new 1Password account, add it to the app alongside your existing one, and then move your items from the old account to the new one.

You would now delete the old account so you don't have duplicates :+1:

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but I'm a little confused. If I can't sign in to my existing 1P account online, how can I move items to a new account? When I first wrote, I could access my data on iOS and Android with face/fingerprint only. But, I saw no way on my iPad to access to my account at 1P.com without the MP. Wouldn't it be easier if we could export logins from iOS/Android and then import them to a new account or vault? I take it that I'd have to start a new subscription if I create a new account, and if one doesn't recover his MP, he needs a new account. Thanks again, and as I've solved the problem, I don't want take up much more of your time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimmyweg:

If I can't sign in to my existing 1P account online, how can I move items to a new account?

That's because you would not need to sign into your existing 1Password account online, you only need to be able to access it on your mobile device via Face ID. And you don't need to be able to access an existing account to create a new one, that you can do online anytime.

I take it that I'd have to start a new subscription if I create a new account, and if one doesn't recover his MP, he needs a new account.

We can help you transfer any remaining subscription time to the new account, so that would not be a problem :)

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again! The bottom line is that I want to regain (should I screw up again) access to everything in my vault on Windows. So I create a new account (and use the same email address to make it easy) and add the account to my iOS at the settings page in the first screenshot. Then, I'll finish the addition by scanning code as in the second screenshot. The next step would be to copy all my items, logins, secure notes, etc., to the new account, and that's the step that I can't find in my iOS app. I take it that I choose an account to access at the first screenshot page, but how do I copy those items to the new account? Once they're copied, how do I access them on Windows? I'm sorry to belabor this issue, but it seems that it would be helpful if I could export everything in my 1P vault in iOS and then I could copy the file(s) to my Win device and import them there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimmyweg:

So I create a new account (and use the same email address to make it easy) and add the account to my iOS at the settings page in the first screenshot.
    Then, I'll finish the addition by scanning code as in the second screenshot.

Correct, so now you have the old account and the new account in the app :+1:

The next step would be to copy all my items, logins, secure notes, etc., to the new account, and that's the step that I can't find in my iOS app. I take it that I choose an account to access at the first screenshot page, but how do I copy those items to the new account?

You can move them from one vault to the other:

Move and copy items

Once they're copied, how do I access them on Windows?

Once they are moved, you just need to login to your new account in the 1Password for Windows app, nothing else ;)

This discussion has been closed.