Feature Request: dedicated password hotkey

sandinak
sandinak
Community Member

So, there are many instances where I need to use the same password for multiple environments or sites because of SAML. It would be nice to assign that password a hotkey so when I use the -\ to recall the app .. I could then hit the hotkey to auto load that password into the buffer for use on the app. Would be EVEN nicer if it was a global hotkey so I didn't have to recall the 1pw screen to do it... and 1pw will still be able to manage it/flush the cut buffer w/in a short amount of time. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.15
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Hey @sandinak

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I'd be interested to hear more about where the current interface, using 1Password mini with 'Suggestions' selected, is falling short. Were you aware that mini can now also suggest 1Password items based on non-browser apps?

Please let me know.

Ben

• mkwerle
    mkwerle
    Community Member

+1 for this feature request. My employer still has dozens of internal applications using HTTP Basic authentication. Because they authenticate against our LDAP, I really do not want to store credentials in a browser. Consequently, I need access to one particular password extremely frequently (more than a dozen times per day, sometimes). I would love to be able to add a hotkey in any entry for any particular field to pull it into the copy buffer for quick use.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in on this @mkwerle :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.