Different types of passwords

I installed 1Password several days ago and have been busily reconfiguring a couple hundred formerly duplicate or weak passwords. Many of these conversions have been quickly achieved. A few others achieved only with considerable effort, even though I think I'm following the same procedure. It seems that different websites and login situations react differently to 1Password.

A couple of days ago, I found 1Password offered option of 24 digit random alpha-num passwords, and also offered passwords made of 3 or 4 (or maybe more) whole words, separated by hyphens. (And I think there was a third type). But at present I find only the random 24 digit type and I would like to use the whole word type. But I can't find how to access that choice again. I have 1Password on the Mac dock at the foot of my screen, the 1Password logo shows on the tool bar at the top, and I have the 1PW extension active in my Brave browser, v 1.11.104.

There must be a quick and simple way to find the to other options, so I hope someone can clue me. Thanks. MT

1Password Version: 7.7 beta
Extension Version: 4.5
OS Version: OSX 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mutang!

But at present I find only the random 24 digit type and I would like to use the whole word type. But I can't find how to access that choice again.

You can access the password generator options directly in the 1Password browser extension, there is a little dropdown menu there for this:

• Mutang
    Mutang
    Community Member

Thank you. I see it now.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

That's great! Let us know if you have any other questions on the matter :+1:

This discussion has been closed.