Can I only fill logins and credit cards?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hello everyone. I am using 1Password 7 on my mac, and I have items in different categories. Can the browser extension fill any item on websites? Because so far I managed to only fill logins and credit cards.

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sandapa! Welcome to the forum!

You can fill Login and Credit Cards, but also Identity items in browsers ;)

• rosborn
    rosborn
    Community Member
    Options

This is a really old topic, but could I add my name to those who complain about what seems like an arbitrary distinction between other categories and login categories? At present, there is a rather clumsy (and still uni-directional by default) way of linking, say, a Rewards item with the login to go to the Rewards site. The reason for having a Rewards category is that it pre-defines a number of useful fields so that I don't have to define every time I create a new Login item. Why not just apply the templates to a Login items, instead of treating the Rewards category as a completely different type of item i.e., treat the Rewards category as a sub-class of a Login item? If it contains a URL and a password, then it should be possible to login. My impression is that this was a design decision made many, many years ago, perhaps for coding reasons, that has long outlasted its usefulness and should be updated to the way that many users have requested.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Thank you @ag_ana! I completely forgot to reply to you, sorry about that :) You are right, you can also fill identities, I seem to always forget that. I suppose it also makes sense. Even if you could fill other categories, I don't think it would be as useful as logins, credit cards and identities.

@rosborn

This is a really old topic, but could I add my name to those who complain about what seems like an arbitrary distinction between other categories and login categories?

To be 100% clear here: I am not complaining about this at all. You completely misunderstood the topic of my post.

Why not just apply the templates to a Login items, instead of treating the Rewards category as a completely different type of item i.e., treat the Rewards category as a sub-class of a Login item?

This would make no sense at all, so I hope 1Password don't do this. If you need to login somewhere, then it's a login item. So I think you are looking at this backwards.

If you don't find other categories useful, don't use them, no? I don't personally find the need for a Rewards category, so I just don't use it. But I am sure other people find it useful, so the fact I don't find it useful is not a good reason to remove it.

• rosborn
    rosborn
    Community Member
    Options

My comment was directed to the 1Password7 developers, so I'm sorry if I muddied the discussion of your own issue. I happen to think you are completely wrong about the need for Rewards and Login items to be completely separate, but I will make that point in a new post.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rosborn:

Thank you for the feedback! I think one of the reasons categories exist is so they give flexibility: if you think using additional categories would be useful, they are there for you. Otherwise, you can use Login items and avoid the additional category if it causes confusion. In your case, from what you wrote, I think using just the Logins category, with perhaps some custom fields and sections, would be the right choice ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @sandapa! And no need to apologize at all :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.